Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Whole Month Of Celebration

So every year as January wraps up and February begins I tell myself that I am not going to make a big deal out of my birthday.... I think the last time that I had a "party" was when I was 16. I don't usually ask my hubs for any kind of gifts and usually tell anyone who wants to get me gifts to get gift cards or cash. And then I end up buying things that I "need" or paying bills. This year I decided that i deserve a celebration! I still don't know about a party.....but I have gotten some of the best gifts and it's not even my birthday yet!


Hubs got me this beautiful necklace that I have had my eye on for a while. It is handmade Irish Porcelain from the Hillgrove House in Co. Kerry. It is even more beautiful in person.


Then there is this little goodie! I have recently decided that I was going to start collecting 19Th century Amethyst glass bottles....and this is my first! This bottle dates somewhere around the 1850's. I never thought collecting something would bring so much passion... but I can't stop researching and learning about these amazing artifacts!


The hubs gave me this awesome camera too! This has actually been sitting in the top of our closet forever... I have just never opened the camera bag to see what was inside! I have recently gotten into taking pictures with my good friend Jessica of Birdlime Photography. She's teaching me the in's and out's of what all the crazy buttons and numbers mean....and she's an awesome teacher! So after a fantastic trip to the Thai Temple of Tampa, (I'll post pictures of that trip soon!) the hubs said that this camera was officially mine! IT IS AWESOME! Now I just need to learn how to use it and all of the lens' that he has with it!
I wonder what else awaits me in this awesome month of celebration!

1 comment:

  1. love the necklace...and....you jess and i need to get together for some serious photo time (i have an old school canon on my hands that i haven't used since college)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...