Sunday, September 4, 2011

10 things i couldn't live without this week

1.  an awesome trip to michigan. i got to spend some serious quality time with my sisters and parents. plus i also did some amazing work while i was up there.
2. running the grand rapids 5K mud run was everything that i imagined it to be. it was hard, dirty, and exhausting, but at the same time it was such a mental and physical accomplishment that every grit of dirt was worth it! i can't wait until next year to run again!
3. monday i went with my parent to drop my sister paige off at her first year at WMU.  over the past year my sister and i have developed such a closer bond, and i am so proud of the woman that she is becoming! she is going to do many great things in her life! can't wait to sit back and watch her bloom!
4. while in kalamazoo we stopped at paige's favorite hippy chic stores. I fell in love with an amethyst pendant that quickly became mine. now every time i wear it i feel like a part of paige is with me. it reminds me so much of her natural beauty and pure soul.
5. getting home and back into the swing of things has been a very easy transition. i missed home very much. i missed the hubs very much.
6. i received a gift in the mail from one of my best friends, jenna leigh. a few months ago i was looking through old pictures of our wedding and came across a picture of jenna that was just the funniest most picture perfect explanation of "jenna".  so what does this amazingly comical girl do.....she goes and puts the picture on a coffee mug! now i get to look at her 'sweet pizza stuffed face, flippin me the bird while also reminding me of the importance of recycling and pet adoption' every morning! love it!
7. my best friend mary was in town for work this week. she and the hubs work for the same company, which benefits me quite often....i get to see her pretty regularly. we cut hair, ate delish tacos from havana hideout, and shared plant/present ideas! even though the visits are always brief we pack them full of good times! thanks for the brain storming!
8. twice baked potatoes! i hate to admit this, but i had never made twice baked potatoes before this week. and now i am hooked! they were time consuming, but worth every minute! yum yum.
9. the incredible hubs has found a new hobby....turns out (even thought he doesn't drink it) he really enjoys making coffee! this is got to be the sweetest gesture. the man lets me sleep in and wakes me up with a fresh steaming french press. is it possible that i have the best husband in the world? i think so. it's the little things that get me.
10. sold my first photographs this week. pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...