Wednesday, January 16, 2013

30x30


I was so excited about today's 30X30! 
Today the boy and I were to visit a local thrift store that we have never been to.
When making this list I knew exactly which establishment I wanted to visit!

I have been eye balling this store front for a few weeks, and could no longer 
use the excuse of not knowing where to park.
For those who need to know....
parking is around back.


Entering a store through the back door always feels special to me.
It's as if you know some tiny secret. 
As we walked up onto Atomic Living's back porch, 
I knew that we had stumbled upon a real eclectic gem.


We opened the door to this fantastic site, and my heart started to pitter patter.
Then we heard Gooch's sweet voice from around the corner inviting us in.

This place is like a treasure trove full of goodies.
 Gooch, the owner of Atomic Living and one of the coolest people I have met in a while, quickly took a liking to the boy allowing me to hunt for finds!
I found myself lost in a sea of vintage bathing suits.
When I poked my head around the corner to make sure that my child was behaving himself and being respectful, I was shocked and delighted to find that 
he and Gooch were submerged in a heated game of Operation.
This one tiny detail alone (among many others) has gained her a customer for life.


This store is a perfect combination of vintage, kitch, PBR towers and a whole lot of humor.


Any place that has a feature wall with a bald mannequin wearing a gas mask and a dear head smoking a cigarette has my name written all over it! If you are in the area, you must,
 I repeat must stop at Atomic Living!

You can find Gooch and Atomic Living at
619 N. Dixie Hwy
Lake Worth, FL 33460

Want to see what I bought? 
You will have to stay tuned for my Thrifty Finds post later in the week.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...