Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Day


Today is New Year's Day. A day for reflection. A day for resolutions. A day for new beginnings. Yet every New Year's Day for the past four years all I have been able to think of is my great grandmother.

She was a wonderful woman, whom I have spoke about plenty of times here. So I won't get into all the details.  I'll saved myself from some chocked back tears.

But this year was a touch different. I finally brought home some pieces of her furniture that have been patiently waiting for me. Something about having her dressing table fills my home with nostalgia. I remember gently running fingers over the intricate details in the wood. The insides of the drawers smell just like her. The scent of loose powder and pink frosted lipstick fill my nose with memories of watching her "put her face on".

I am very excited about the year to come. I will be turning 30 soon. And have some exciting stuff planned for that. I promise to blog more in 2013. Promise.

But for now, my New Years is winding down. I am snug as a bug in my pjs with the hubs. Back to editing pictures from Wynwood today.

Happy New Years. Wishing you all the very best in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...