Saturday, February 23, 2013

I saw this on Pinterest: Glitter Barrettes

I am such a sucker for Pinterest! 
What crafty lover wouldn't be!
 It's the best place to go to get inspiration and brilliant ideas.

Although I have come to find out the hard way,
that just because it on Pinterest,
doesn't mean it's true!

So why not a fun little segment?
And so...
"I saw this on Pinterest" 
was born.

I will test it and share it with you!
Saving you the time and money of a back fired 
Pinterest project gone wrong.

DIY: Glitter Barrettes


So I saw these first on one of my favorite blogs, For Chic Sake, and later on 
Pinterest and had to try the DIY out ASAP!

Here's what I used:


I had some funky barrettes just taking up space. 
I never used them because I could never really match them with anything, 
and always ended up feeling a bit childish wearing them.
So why not upcycle them.


Step 1:

 

Paint each barrette with a thick layer of Mod Podge.

Step 2:


Sprinkle a generous of glitter over the 
wet Mod Podge.
Let dry completely

Step 4:


Shake off excess glitter 
and dab on a second think layer of Mod Podge.
Once they are completely dry 
slip them onto a cute piece of card stock and give as a gift,
or just keep for yourself.





2 comments:

  1. I had a Pintrest gone wrong experience the other day, it was pretty bad. I actually put sugar in my hair!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...