Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Roasted Beet Salad Recipe




While I was visiting Jess and Jonny in NYC
I gave them list of a few adventures to fulfill.
One of the most important in my New York experience 
was to eat the most delicious meal.
Well of corse they out did themselves and showed me a 
hand full of the "most delicious" meals.
We had real NY bagels, feasted at a vegan diner, 
had my very first thai food experience, and then there was 
Sunday brunch at Emporio!

The entire meal was to die for! 
We started with really big, really tasty cocktails.
I ordered a Smoked Salmon, Avocado, and Goat Cheese Panini.
Jess and Jonny got the Cauliflower Pizza, and we all decided that we must 
try the Roasted Beet Salad.

If you are ever in the city and are looking for 
something amazing to eat that's off the beaten path you must go to Emporio!
I mean MUST!

While every bite was mouth watering, that salad left quite the impression on me.
As far as food went,
It was the one thing from my trip that really stood out to me.
It was so simple and clean and tasty.
I knew that I had to have it again and again and again.

So I broke it down. 
It truly was a simple recipe, 
and I think I almost nailed it.
This salad makes the perfect lunch.

Here's What You'll Need:
2-3 small beets, quartered, drizzled with EVOO and roasted  
2 blood oranges, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
1/4 tsp horseradish
shelled pistachios for garnish
balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Step 1:
Mix the horseradish and yogurt together and place in a large dollop on your plate.

Step 2:
After your beets are roasted, peeled, and slightly cooled 
place them on your plate with the blood oranges.
Salt and pepper to taste.

Step 3:
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and pistachios.
The Emporio's recipe called for a balsamic reduction...
I was too lazy to make one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...